JOR Alder Cone Water Conditioner for Betta Fish, Creates Native Habitat, Relieves Stress, Serves As A Nursery and Food Source, Lowers Water pH, Can Be Used in Filter Or Freely in Aquarium, 60 pcs
Availability: Sold Out
- ✔ CREATES TROPICAL HABITAT --- Plants drop debris into rivers, ponds, and lakes. This debris is part of your betta’s native habitat and most debris contains beneficial properties. Alder cones contain a beneficial substance that creates blackwater (or teawater). Blackwater is essential for tropical fish because of its many benefits.
- ✔ BEAUTIFUL VIBRANT FINS AND SCALES --- Blackwater relieves stress in tropical fish in two unique ways. It adds a tea color to water which is soothing to tropical fish and it helps in the production of your fishes’ epithelial layer (or slime layer) that shields fins and tails from tearing, snagging, and unwanted nasties.
- ✔ ONE-OF-A-KIND DECOR --- Each alder cone is like a snowflake-unique to itself. Adding JOR Adler Cones to your aquarium creates interest and visual appeal. Your Odessa barb or plecos will enjoy pushing the cones around and foraging on them. But, if the cones aren’t to your tastes, you can still give your fish the benefits of alder cones by adding them to your filter.
- ✔ FAVORITE OF TOP BREEDERS --- Shrimp breeders know how important JOR’s alder cones are to successful breeding and raising fry. JOR alder cones are essential for creating the right habitat that promotes breeding and successful hatching. And JOR cones are the ideal nursery. Fry can hide within the cones and munch on food debris and microfilm on the cones.
- ✔ LOWERS pH --- Bettas, shrimp, catfish, cichlids, and plecos all need water with a specific pH. These tropical fish, in general, need a pH between 6.8 and 7.6. Bettas thrive in a pH of 7. JOR alder cones is the perfect way to create the right pH habitat for your aquarium.
How Do I Use JOR Alder Cones?
Using JOR Alder Cones is very easy. When you first get your JOR alder cones, boil them for approximately 20-minutes. Then allow the cones to cool before rinsing them in room temperature water. Now, your cones are ready to add to your tank freely as a water conditioner and decoration or place in your filter for all the same benefits. It may take your alder cones a few days to drift down to the bottom of the tank.
We recommend using 5-8 cones per 10-gallons of water and replacing the cones every 2-3 weeks. Because each JOR alder cone is unique in size, shape, and potency. We advise that you add cones slowly until you see your desired results. This means you will have to experiment a little as to how many cones you need in your water to achieve your aqaurium’s optimal pH and color. we advise that you add cones slowly until you see your desired results.
Are JOR Alder Cones Beneficial For Other Fish?
Yes! JOR Alder Cones are an excellent water conditioner for freshwater tropical fish like cory catfish, plecos, cichlids, barbs, and shrimp. They help you achieve and maintain the correct pH for your community. They create a tropical habitat by adding a lush tea-color to your water which is soothing to tropical fish. They are a favorite foraging spot for plecos, shrimp, and fry. They’re a unique and timeless aquarium decoration. JOR Alder Cones add many benefits to every aquarium.