3 Cholla Wood Pieces for Shrimp - Thorn-Free 6”
3 Cholla Wood Pieces for Shrimp - Natural, Thorn-Free 6” dried husk of Cholla cactus - Excellent Food Source, Protective Hideout - Organic Decoration by SunGrow - For dwarf shrimp, hermit crabs, pleco
- ORGANICALLY GROWN AND DRIED, 100% SAFE --- As the dried husk of a naturally grown Cholla cactus, these organic wood pieces are free from any trace of pesticides, chemicals or other potentially harmful substances. Keeping the safety of your pets in mind, the cholla wood is thorn-free, has no sharp edges and gets softer the longer it stays in your tank, cage or aquarium.
- SAFE HIDING SPOT FOR BABY SHRIMP --- Fish, fry and particularly adventure loving shrimp benefit greatly from the addition of SunGrow Cholla Wood pieces to their tanks. They love to swim around or camp out in intriguing, perforated wood pieces. The cholla wood is hollowed out so that baby shrimp and other smaller species have a safe and secure hiding spot when they are molting or feeling vulnerable.
- LONG TERM NATURAL FOOD SOURCE --- A smart choice for any conscientious pet owner, the attractive and multi-functional SunGrow Cholla Wood pieces are more than just a decoration or climbing or chew toy. The healthy cholla wood is also a natural food source that lasts for years. Microorganisms and biofilm that grow on the wood provide shrimps, fish, snails and other pets with additional nutrition. Eventually, the wood will break down and disintegrate on its own.
- HEALTHY, NUTRITIONAL CHEW TOY --- Aquatic and terrestrial pets alike enjoying chewing on the soft, nutritional cholla wood pieces from SunGrow. After they arrive and are properly quarantined, the cholla cactus husks are ready to be placed into an underwater habitat with pleco, glo fish and shrimp or in a dry terrarium or cage for guinea pigs, chinchillas or hamsters. The wood even works as a pecking toy for pet birds like parakeets and cockatiels.
- BEAUTIFUL AQUARIUM DECORATION --- Since the 3 pieces of cholla wood from SunGrow are organically grown, each 6” x 1” (15cm x 2.5cm) piece has it’s own knots and bends. The slightly different appearance makes them a unique and beautiful decoration for your aquarium, water decoration or shrimp tank. PREPARATION: Before placing the product in the aquarium, rinse before use, even after boiling or soaking. A "post-boil soak" in fresh water with a bag of activated carbon is a recommended step, too